Cold Pressed Pecan Oil
At Everling Coastal Farm the oil that we squeeze from fresh, non-GMO Texas Pecans, is produced using the cold pressed method. No chemical processing, refining, or heat over 90 degrees, is used in the making of our products. These methods produce more oil, but they destroy flavor and nutrition in the process.
Pecans have the highest level of antioxidants of all the nuts! I know...it's literally the healthiest nut available!!
Pecan oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, specifically oleic acid (52%), and low in saturated fats. It also contains linoleum acid (36.6%), and small amounts of palmitic (7.1%), stearic (2.2%), and linolinec acids (1.5%). The overall balance of fatty acids in the oil may reduce LDL cholesterol (also known as the "bad" cholesterol), and lower the risk of heart disease.
Pecan Oil is a wonderful cooking oil. With a smoke point of 470 degrees, it's ideal for pan searing, roasting, or frying. The mild, nutty, pecan flavor enhances the flavor of the ingredients it's used with, making it ideal for salad dressings and dips. With it's healthy attributes, it's a good substitute for butter and other refined cooking oils in baking.
Culinary uses for Pecan Oil:
- Dressings: Use pecan oil for everyday or seasonal vinaigrettes using fresh fruit or jams. It provides a nutty, rich flavor!
- Stir fry or sautéing: Pecan oil has a high smoke point of 470 degrees and is perfect for searing beef, pork, poultry, fish, and vegetables.
- Roasting: Potatoes, brussels sprouts, and squash are wonderful coated in our pecan oil and roasted in a 400 degree oven for a full flavored treat.
- Grilling: Brush on any vegetable or meat as an alternative to olive oil and grill away. Enjoy!
- Baking: Use pecan oil in place of any other oil or butter in your baked goods recipes as a healthier alternative.